The Essential Oral Language Toolkit
by Jane van der Zeyden
February Special - $58 including postage!
The Essential Oral Language Toolkit is here!
The Essential Oral Language Toolkit will show you how to include rich oral language tasks across the curriculum.
As well as all the essential information you need about effective teacher practice, oral language features, purposes, expectations, assessment and oral language in innovative learning environments, there are a large number of practical strategies that can be incorporated into your teaching.
For each task or strategy there is information about:
- The purpose and the learning focus including the language functions
- How to differentiate the strategy for different ages and stages
- What to notice about your students oral language use as they complete the task
- Templates and exemplars for teacher use.
You’ll also find:
- Lots of examples of rich oral language tasks
- Templates for designing your own tasks
- Units of work with an oral language focus.
The book is now stocked in the following resource centres or bookshops if you would like to have a look before purchasing:
- Kohia Teachers Centre, Auckland
- Papakura Education Centre
- Dorothy Butler's Childrens Bookshop, Ponsonby
- Five Senses Education, Australia
Alternatively you can order and pay directly from this website (see below).
Schools can order copies by downloading the order form at the bottom of the page and they will be invoiced subsequently.
For schools wanting to order more than 10 Copies please contact: Jane@tools4teachers.co.nz to place an order. I offer a discounted price for orders of 10 or more.