ESOL WORKSHOPS 2024
In Term 1, 2024, Tools 4 Teachers will be offering online webinars on a variety of ESOL related topics as follows:
1. Practical ESOL Strategies
15 March and 9 April 2024
9.30 – 2.00 p.m.(Online)
Two days of practical strategies that can be utilised in either mainstream classroom teaching or withdrawal support programmes.
Content will include:
- Using the information from the English Language Learning Progressions and/or the ELLP Pathway to design effective learning experiences for emerging bilingual learners.
- Engaging tasks to build oral language skills
- Explicit teaching of vocabulary
- Key resources and how they can be used effectively
- Planning practical tasks to use in classrooms or ESOL programmes
- Supporting English language learners with learning to read and write
- Teacher Aides/ Learning Assistants
- Classroom teachers
- ESOL teachers
- SENCOs/Learning Support Co-ordinators
Enrolment fees: $380 + GST per person
We will be recording the webinars, so if you are unable to participate on the day you can choose to receive a personal link to view the workshop at a later date. Please note that this link will only be available for 4 weeks and only the enrolled person will be able to view the workshop.
To enrol for these webinars, please click here and use our online formor contact Jane van der Zeyden or Erin Mckechnie firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 0210376870 email@example.com Ph. 021 1264846 for more information.
2. Supporting brand new learners of English
Venue: Online via Zoom
Date: Monday 15 April
Time: 9.30 -12.30
- What’s important for students at early Foundation stage of the English Language Learning Progressions?
- What type of support programmes do these learners need?
- How to support them in both mainstream classrooms and ESOL programmes.
- Where do we start and what vocabulary needs to be explicitly taught?
- Practical Strategies to use with these learners.
$135 + GST per person
If you are unable to attend on the day you can opt to get the recorded webinar sent to you to watch at a later date.