We're very excited to be offering a "New Entrant Workshop" in Term 2. There are specific challenges when starting up a new entrant classroom. This workshop will help to address some of these issues. Some of the topics included will be:
- what are effective systems and routines in the new entrant classroom?
- how can I seamlessly transition the children from early childhood into school?
- how do I develop and maintain positively powerful relationships with families and whanau for the benefit of children's learning?
- What data should I be gathering at school entry?
- How do I help children transition from ECE to a classroom setting?
- How do I structure the day in a New Entrant classroom?
- Is it about the child being ready for school or you being ready for the child?
If you're wanting to attend this workshop, please sign-up here. This workshop will be held at St. Columba, 40 Vermont Street, Ponsonby from 9am until 3pm on the 15th of June. The cost of this workshop will be $225 (GST Inclusive), which includes a light morning tea and lunch.
Andy Butler from Tools4Teachers will be facilitating this workshop and has extensive experience with teaching and leading at the New Entrant/Year 0 level.
More information is available in this flyer.
We look forward to seeing you there!