Are you concerned about the proficiency of your students with oral language? Is it impacting on their progress with learning to read and write? Are you noticing that oral language proficiency is declining?
If you answered yes to any of these questions you need to attend this workshop. Jane van der Zeyden, author of The Essential Oral Language Toolkit will be facilitating this practical workshop.
Content will include:
· research data about NZ students’ oral competency
· why oral language skills are so important
· teacher expectations for oral language proficiency – what should they be?
· the links between oral language and literacy learning
· practical strategies that will enable you to incorporate deliberate and explicit teaching of oral language skills into your daily classroom programme
Venue: The Edgar Centre, 116 Portsmouth Drive, Andersons Bay, Dunedin 9.00a.m. - 3.00p.m.
Cost: $225 + GST per person. This includes morning tea and lunch.
To enrol click here or contact Jane firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 021 0376870 for more information.