The Essential Oral Language Toolkit is now available
Jane has been working on this book and it is now available for purchase directly from this website. It is a practical guide for teachers who want to provide rich and engaging oral language experiences in their classrooms.
As well as all the essential information you need about effective teacher practice, oral language features, purposes, expectations, assessment and oral language in innovative learning environments, the book features a large number of practical strategies that can be incorporated into your teaching.
For each task or strategy there is information about:
- The purpose and the learning focus including the language functions
- How to differentiate the strategy for different ages and stages
- What to notice as students' complete the task
- Templates and exemplars for teacher use.
You’ll also find:
- Lots of examples of rich oral language tasks
- Templates for designing your own tasks
- Units of work with an oral language focus.
This book is designed for primary, intermediate and middle school teachers as they support their learners to become articulate, literate adults.